Friday 30 November 2012

Funsize

I am something of a traditionalist, I like to have a camera to take photographs with, a phone to make phone calls with and an iPod to listen to music with - ok, not such a traditionalist that I cart a gramophone around with me wherever I go but you get what I mean; the right tool for the job. Why on earth would I want to take photographs with a phone when I have one or two excellent devices purpose made for that job? Then there's those pointless 'ready meal' type processing packages like Instagram - what is the point of using exactly the same effects as anyone else?

Rant over - glad I got that off my chest.

Except, I've modified my opinion somewhat.

I'm sure you knew that was coming (would have been a very short post otherwise) but I'm quite vexed by it to tell the truth; there is something gratifying about dogmatic certainty. Don't get me wrong, I've no intention of disposing of my cameras but I have realised that you can have some fun through the combination of a phone camera and Instagram and you can still put your own stamp on the final result. I'm even quite pleased with a handful of the images I've made this way. Sometimes it's hard to be a grumpy conservative (with a small 'c').




No comments:

Post a Comment