Wednesday 30 August 2017

Resurrection



I have neglected my blog before now, but never to such an extent as this. My last post was in January 2015 - more than a year has passed since I began writing a new post (which never saw the light of day). The reasons for this are many but the two main ones are (1) I worry that I don't have anything to say that people will be interested to read and (2) it is just so much easier to post new images on my Facebook page. Analyzing each of these in turn:

  1. I'm sure it's largely true but I don't need to let that stop me
  2. The Facebook page allows me to get my images out there much more quickly than if I have to think of a theme to fit them to and write a blog post. That is good; however, it isn't really a particularly good platform if I want to expand on a subject (see 1 above).
My Facebook page was never intended to replace the blog but I guess I've got a bit lazy. That changes here! I am reviving my blog and, although I am not foolish enough to promise posts at regular intervals, I will endeavor to post fairly frequently. Expect my first 'real' post to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment