Thursday 3 October 2013

Featured Photograph for October

October is probably my favourite month. The days are starting to get shorter; something most people tend to dislike but for me it means sunrise comes back into play (you can only do so many 4am starts before they begin to lose their appeal) - and then there is all that 'mists and mellow fruitfulness'. Unsurprisingly though, the greatest attraction is the glorious colour.

This month's featured photograph shows the River Dochart at Killin with Inchbuie, the ancient burial ground of the Clan Macnab, ablaze with colour and living up to the Gaelic translation of 'yellow island'. I gather it is possible to go into the burial ground, the key to the gate being held in Killin library; I desperately wanted to explore but, sadly, there wasn't time and this has now been added to my list of 'places to return to'.


Prints are available from my website : www.landscapeandlight.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment